Patagonia Ascensionist 40L Pack
Click on an image to enlarge
Whether you’re trying a route on the South Face of Denali or heading into the Karakoram, when conditions dictate a need for additional gear or an overnight kit, this backpack expands to handle the load.
One hundred and one challenges stand between you and the summit ice. Your pack shouldn’t be one of them. For moving fast in Patagonia, Alaska or the Karakoram, this function-driven pack carries the loads of a multiday ascent without interfering with efficient movement. It features an integrated, asymmetrical spindrift collar that opens wide and closes in a single motion for fast packing. The high-density foam back panel gives the pack structure and helps to support heavy loads, but can be removed for lightweight pursuits. Ergonomic shoulder straps (with load lifters) match your torso’s contours for 24-hour comfort, and the padded hip belt is removable when you prefer a simple webbing belt. Four rows of exterior daisy chains provide lashing options for a rope, helmet, pad or ice tools. Other details include compression straps to carry skis and cinch down loads, an asymmetric profile for elbow clearance and a zippered pocket on the lid for quick access to small essentials. Made from lightweight yet durable 5.5-oz 210-denier Cordura® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating.
Lightweight, bomber, tear- and abrasion-resistant nylon/polyester Cordura® ripstop
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal
- High-density foam back panel gives pack structure and helps to support heavy loads, but can be removed for lightweight pursuits
- Padded hip belt can be removed to create a simple webbing hip belt
- Ice-axe carry system accommodates a wide assortment of axes
- Daisy chains on front provide lashing options; compression straps on sides help manage different size loads; zippered pocket on lid offers easy access to small items
- Available in two sizes: S/M and L/XL
- 5.5-oz 210-denier Cordura® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating
- 878 g (1 lb 15 oz)
- Made in Philippines